Join with other book lovers
From Cameron Loss, our book club leader:
Our book club is dedicated to reading widely, exploring the world through a variety of eyes and cultures, and mostly about connecting people through great books. We aim to find something for everyone, and we hope that you will find books that encourage you to join us.
In our discussions, we believe that everyone deserves the right to be heard, and we encourage open minds, open ears, and open hearts. Please consider joining us, and know that you will be valued and heard.
If you have any questions, please contact me. Otherwise, we hope to see you at our next discussion. Until then, happy reading!
Zoom passcode: 01561.
Meetings are at 7:00 PM. Here's the schedule for 2022-23:
- September 29: Where the Light Fell by Philip Yancey
- October 27: The Making of Biblical Womanhood by Beth Allison Barr (recommended by Maureen Hodson)
- November 17: The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Leo Tolstoy (recommended by Scott Britz Cunningham
- January 12: A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley
- February 23: Why Can’t Women Do That? by Philip B. Payne and Vince Huffaker (recommended by Ralph Gifford, III)
- March 23: My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
- April 13: Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis Part One & Part Two
- May 11: Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis Part Three & Part Four
College Church Authors
Several College Church members and former members are published authors. In no particular order:
- Margarita Merriman: Musical Musings of a Nonagenarian
- Josephine Robertson: A Friend for All Seasons and The Best Gift Ever
- Lynn Sauls: It Seems to Me (available through the author or in the church office)
- Scott Britz-Cunningham: Code White and The Immortalist
- R. Dean Davis: Through the Eyes of the Ancients
- Former CC pastor Don Pate has written several books
- Susan Willoughby: The Go Getter