Why do we give?
We give to God’s church because of the grace that He has poured out on us. This grace giving has several characteristics:
- it is generous (2 Corinthians 8:2–3)
- it is based on our relationship with God (2 Corinthians 8:5)
- it is shared (2 Corinthians 8:6)
- it is active (2 Corinthians 8:7)
- it is rooted in love (2 Corinthians 8:8)
- We are to cheerfully give as much as God has convicted us (2 Corinthians 9:7). Don’t give out of guilt.
The principles of giving encompass:
- tithe (the first 10% of earnings), which God claims as His own (Malachi 3:10), and
- offerings (a love offering in addition to the tithe)
More notes on giving:
- Only your offerings come directly to the College Church. Your tithe does not, so it is important to support the church through offerings.
- God promises that if we are faithful in our tithes and offerings, He will bless us (Luke 6:38).
- We welcome all donations, of course, but donations to the Church Budget enable us to be flexible and address needs more quickly than those targeted to specific areas.
You can give here.