Your generosity enables us to:
- feed the hungry at the WHEAT Community Café and in our holiday food drive
- minister to young parents in our Wednesday morning playtime
- raise community awareness about health at our annual Choose Wellness health fair
- support South Lancaster Academy
- make needed repairs to our building
- keep our church warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- and support many other ministries
We give to God’s church because of the grace that He has poured out on us. This grace giving has several characteristics:
- it is generous (2 Corinthians 8:2–3)
- it is based on our relationship with God (2 Corinthians 8:5)
- it is shared (2 Corinthians 8:6)
- it is active (2 Corinthians 8:7)
- it is rooted in love (2 Corinthians 8:8)
- We are to cheerfully give as much as God has convicted us (2 Corinthians 9:7). Don’t give out of guilt.
The principles of giving encompass:
- tithe (the first 10% of earnings), which God claims as His own (Malachi 3:10), and
- offerings (a love offering in addition to the tithe)
More notes on giving:
- Only your offerings go directly to the College Church. Your tithe does not, so it is important to support your church in this manner.
- God promises that if we are faithful in our tithes and offerings, He will bless us (Luke 6:38).
- You can suport the College Church best by donating to the Church Budget. Such donations enable us to address unexpected needs much more quickly and efficiently than donations targeted to specific areas.
You can give here.