This page is still under development.
Sterling Volunteers Training
Sterling Volunteers is a program that trains you to recognize and to protect children from various types of abuse. The Southern New England Conference of Seventh-day Adventists requires all who take part in children's ministry to complete it.
Several important points:
- Everyone who is at least 18 years old and who works in ministries involving children at the College Church must take the training. This includes:
- all Sabbath School volunteers
- all club leaders and other volunteers (Pathfinders, Adventurers), including those who would supervise a field trip or any other activity
- and anyone else who works with children.
- The required part of the training will likely take 1–2 hours.
- You don't have to complete the entire training at one sitting. If you stop, the system will save your place.
- There are two required sections about protecting children. After you finish them, the system should take you to the required background check. If it doesn't, do one of the following:
- Log out and then log back in again, or
- Log in, then click My Account in the yellow bar, then the Screening tab.
- If it still doesn't take you to the background check, call 978-365-4551, ext. 617, and speak with April Montoya at the Southern New England Conference.
- After the required training, there are several optional sessions available.