Full Services Restored
Until further notice, regular College Church services have been restored. Wearing a mask is not required, but of course you may do so if you wish.
Update: Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020
Governor Charlie Baker has updated the protocols for coronavirus safety. The College Church will still be able to meet based on those protocols.
Massachusetts state guidelines for houses of worship.
Need Help? Or Can You Help?
If you are self-quarantined or can help those who are, click the button below to find out what to do.
Update: Tuesday, Apr. 7, 2020
As you probably know by now, the church office is open by appointment only until the virus restrictions are lifted. We continue to live stream a service each Sabbath, and we have multiple Sabbath School options. Check out our home page each week for updates (and by Friday afternoon or before each week, there should be a red banner at the top of each page of our site that you can click to get info on that week's service.
Update: Tuesday, Mar. 24, 2020
On Monday, Mar. 23, Governor Baker issued further restrictions on public assembly. There is now a stay-at-home advisory, nonessential businesses have been closed, and there is now a ban on gatherings of more than 10 people.
Read what you can and cannot do under the new rules.
The New Normal in the Era of COVID-19
On Sunday, March 15, 2020, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker issued new regulations to stem the tide of coronavirus infections. Some of these are:
- the closure of all public and private schools
- limiting restaurants to takeout and delivery services
- a ban on all gatherings of more than 25 people
All College Church public services have been cancelled until further notice. Some CC and other events that are affected:
- General Conference Session: Postponed.
- ESL Class: Cancelled until at least Apr. 6.
- Wednesday Playtime: Cancelled until at least Apr. 15.
- Pathfinder and Adventurer Meetings: Cancelled until further notice.
- In-Person Church Services and Sabbath School: Cancelled until at least Apr. 11.
- Vespers of Reflection and Remembrance: Postponed.
- For the Glory of the Cross (Easter play): Postponed, and all currently scheduled rehearsals have been cancelled.
- AUC Alumni Weekend: Postponed.
- South Lancaster Academy: See SLA's website for the most recent updates.
Medical science has never found a cure for a virus, so prevention is critical. Here are some recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control:
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill;
- Stay at home if you are ill unless you need medical help; if you do need it, call your doctor before going in;
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing (for instance, coughing into your elbow);
- Clean main surfaces daily (doorknobs, countertops, etc);
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Eat well;
- More information:
- Boston University
- A Dedham, MA dermatologist recommends keeping your hands moisturized because cracked, dry skin can provide an entry point for infection.
Serving Our Community
Right now the elderly and those who are immunocompromised—those already suffering from another illness—are urged to self-quarantine, to stay at home.
If you can't get out to get groceries, medicine, etc.
if you can pick up and deliver these items for such people,
- fill out the little form below,
- OR contact the church office:
- OR call Pastor Einar: 978-833-4308