Recycling Clothing and Fashion Accessories
Clothes Aren't Trash
HELPSY takes clothes (and a few other things) that we don't need and either upcycles or recycles them, and they pay the College Church a little bit for the privilege!
Look for the blue bin beside the dumpster at the back of the church.
No Trash or General Recycling
This is not for trash or general recycling. They only take clothing and fashion accessories as noted below. Stained, worn, or torn is fine, but items must be clean, dry & bagged.
- men's, women's, children's dresses, shirts, pants, suits
- coats, gloves, hats
- belts, ties, scarves
- wallets, purses, backpacks, totes
- shoes / sandals
- watches & jewelry
- towels / bedding / linens
- stuffed animals
- small throw rugs that can fit into a bag
- decorative pillows but not bed pillows
- no breakable housewares or glass
- no electronics: no tvs, computers, monitors, etc.
- no furniture
- no building materials
- no scrap metal: no bed frames, curtain rods, etc.
- no appliances
- no mattresses
- no books, phone books, magazines