Recycling Clothing and Fashion Accessories
Clothes Aren't Trash
Free of charge, HELPSY takes clothes (and a few other things; see below) that we don't need and either upcycles or recycles them. This keeps them out of landfills and helps us take care of creation. Look for the blue bin beside the dumpster behind the church.
See below for all the details on what they can take.
No Trash or General Recycling
This is not for trash or general recycling. They only take clothing and fashion accessories as noted below. Stained, worn, or torn is fine, but items must be clean, dry & bagged.
- men's, women's, children's shirts, dresses, pants, suits
- coats, gloves, hats
- belts, ties, scarves
- wallets, purses, backpacks, totes
- shoes / sandals
- watches / jewelry
- towels / bedding / linens
- stuffed animals
- small throw rugs that can fit into a bag
- decorative pillows but not bed pillows
- no breakable housewares or glass
- no electronics: no tvs, computers, monitors, etc.
- no furniture
- no building materials
- no scrap metal: no bed frames, curtain rods, etc.
- no appliances
- no mattresses
- no books, phone books, magazines