Worship on Sabbath, May 23, 2020
Just because the coronavirus is keeping us apart, it doesn't mean we can't worship together. Click the buttons to jump to what you want.
Worship service has signing for the deaf
SNEC Deaf Ministries coordinator Jessica McGowan Smith will be signing in ASL in our worship service during this period of coronavirus restrictions. There will be a separate feed streamed to our Facebook page that will be trained on her for the entire service. Thanks, Jessica!
May 30 Preview: Reopening Plan
On May 30 the doors of the College Church will once again be opened on Sabbath morning for public worship! Thank God! Plans are now being made to follow all state-mandated social distancing guidelines and to help stop the spread of C-19.
On that note, on May 30th:
- there will be no on-site Sabbath School classes (virtual classes will continue)
- there will be no passing of the offering plates (plates will be near the doors on stands)
- the children will not come forward for the children's story
- there will be singing but not by the congregation (singing projects breath further )
- we will use every-other pew in an effort to practice social distancing
- the wearing of masks will be encouraged (a supply will be on hand),
- hugs and hand shaking will be discouraged
- most internal doors will remain propped open
This is not the new normal, but a temporary normal, and we want all to know that one should attend on the 30th only if you are comfortable doing so. Thank you, and please know that we are here for you!
Sabbath School Options for Children and Youth
Children's Sabbath School resources ONLINE
youth sabbath school
Starts at 10:00 AM. Leaders: Alfonso Vega, Carrie Ann Oetman, and Mariyan Montaque.
Adult Sabbath School Classes
adult sabbath school with Ralph Gifford III
They'll go live at 9:30 AM to allow you to test your connection and socialize. The class starts at 10:00.
- Link: GoToMeeting Adult Sabbath School Lesson.
- Access Code: 703-055-853
If you don't have GoToMeeting, you'll need to click the link to download it. If that doesn't work, you can download it here. You can also make a regular phone call to (646) 749-3112 (enter access code 703-055-853 on your phone keypad).
Adult sabbath school with Josephine robertson
Starts at 10:00 AM.
- Link: Zoom Adult Sabbath School Class
- Meeting ID: 308-126-005.
Adult sabbath school with pastor einar and roger prather
Starts at 10:00 AM. Many thanks to Eliezer Ortiz and the Leominster Spanish church for letting us use their streaming setup.
- Link: Adult Sabbath School Class.
If for some reason that link doesn't work, it's http://www.eleden.tv/liveghope.
bible journaling with RHONDA MUCHIUTTI and mayra Ciccone
We hold an informal bible journaling group Sabbath mornings at 10:00 am. This group shares work that they have been doing in their Bibles and thoughts around texts they’ve read or studied. We interact on happenings during the week, give support to each other, listen to concerns and needs, and pray. We welcome everyone interested in an informal Bible journaling session to join.
- Link: Bible Journaling.
- Meeting ID: 914 9292 2664.
- Password: 002050.
Worship Service with ASL Option
worship service without asl signing
This service starts at 11:10 AM. Again, many thanks to Eliezer Ortiz and Leominster Spanish for use of their live streaming setup.
worship service with asl signing
We'll have a second live stream where Jessica McGowan Smith will be signing for the deaf.
- Link: Go to our Facebook page and look for an image with a little red Live button.
- You may need to refresh your web browser for it to load.
- In our testing you don't need a Facebook account to see the live stream.